Sunday, July 17, 2005

Sorry for the delay -- grandchildren are hard work.

The eye appointment went well (and I got a sock cast on, on the bus). Dr Dhillon is perfectly happy, as am I, with the first eye, and will do the other one a.s.a.p. -- next Saturday, if he can get a slot in the BUPA hospital operating room.

Helen and her boys arrived late last night, and left after lunch today. All seem extremely well. We'll go up by train tomorrow to join them for a while.

Knitting

I've done a couple more repeats of the Princess Shawl edging. I've never had so much trouble -- stitches turning up at the wrong part of the row. It was so bad I wondered whether I made made my old mistake of mis-reading the Peg It board and starting with the wrong row; or even that specifically edging mistake, starting from the wrong edge. No, I don't think so. Getting over-confident with my growing mastery of the pattern? I don't think even that. Just lack of concentration, I decided. I hunkered down and started checking the chart before every row, and everything seems to be all right. The two repeats will pass the Galloping Horse test, but I hope it doesn't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment