Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Above, a rather washed-out and slightly blurry picture of Thomas-the-Younger's finished sweater, buttons and all.  I'm very pleased with it. That's the Princess Shawl edging, too, scrumpled up nearby. I've finished repeat #45.

I cast on Fergus's new Wallaby immediately. I had a wonderful message from Sharon yesterday, quoting this very blog from the days when I was knitting the first Wallaby. Apparently I said that next time I would knit in some contrasting thread with the purl bumps, to make the joining-on of the pouch easier. I'll try that. It's embarrassing to have forgotton so completely. But it is some comfort to remember the days when banks actually sent cancelled checks back with the statement every month -- I would often find checks among them, patently written in my handwriting, made out to people I had never heard of.

I hope I will amend the pattern for the sweater pictured above, and post the revised version to my website soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment